Friday, January 18, 2008

Damn.. I hate these guys!

A few weeks ago I discovered the webcharts utility that has been bundled with ColdFusion for oh ... say a few years ;) I noticed its gauge chart and thought it would be neat if that worked in ColdFusion. Well I had not forgotten the idea, but I got busy with other things. Long story short today I see an entry on Raymond Camden's blog about .. wait for it .. creating gauge charts in ColdFusion! He posted a really cool example, crediting Simon Haddan and Christopher Wigginton for the idea.

All I can say is damn Simon Haddan, Christopher Wigginton, Raymond Camden, their great ideas .. "and their little dog too!" ;)

2 comments:

Unknown January 19, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Absolutely play with the webcharts configuration tool buried in the CF directory. Some great things can be done even beyond guage charts.

In particular I have used it to create charts for special uses such as spark lines and other neat items that aren't necessarily your typical chart.

In the spark lines vein, it is also very easy to save charts as an image to file on the fly as well which goes very well in that use case.

Mike.

cfSearching January 20, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

Mike,

Wow, you are so right! I have only scratched the surface, but there are some great possibilities. No spark lines yet, but I am still playing around with that ;)

Thanks!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Header image adapted from atomicjeep