Wednesday, April 30, 2008

ColdFusion 8: Wrap and scale image text (Coming soon to a theatre near you)


Update November 16, 2009: Unfortunately, it looks like the RTF functionality is being moved to an incubator project:

http://www.mail-archive.com/itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net/msg47892.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net/msg48015.html

So I took a hiatus from blogging for a while. Work has been a bit crazy. Seems like every time I think about blogging it is already time to stumble into bed, get some sleep and start the cycle all over again.

Anyway, in my scant spare time I have been batting around the idea of how to automatically scale wrapped text to fit a given area. It is still in the "rough" stages, but I have finally worked out a raw example that seems to be working .. so far. I say "so far" because those fonts are tricky devils. But I like a challenge. Now if only there were more hours in the day..

Since my brain has officially left the building for today, I will try and post the first draft code tomorrow or the day after. But for now here is a screen shot of the available options. Yes, the form is terribly bland but I was more interested in the image code behind it than creating a slick looking form ;-)

Later!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Header image adapted from atomicjeep